Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Sunday-hayyy

At the moment, its freakin cold.

This weather evokes memories from last fall. shitty memories.

In the name of self-preservation I hope to re-associate dreary weather with positive things such as...
- motown jams, a favorite of mi padre.
- batting cages- a better stress reliever than yoga.
- netflix instant queue-on the list: jaws, syriana, wall street, godfather?
- hot coffee (maybe mulled cider/wine?)
- sleeping in hoodies and pj pantaloons
- zinfandel and other big red wines
- new slow cooker recipes
- cassie's butternut squash turkmen-dumplings
- a fake christmas tree with lights already attached. last year's fresh tree was such a pain in the ass.
AND....PUMPKIN CARVING!

Last night, David and I went to go see Hal Sparks at the Brea Improv. He was pretty freaking funny and said some poignant things. I respect that he made light of religion in a tasteful and thoughtful manner. YET, when he reached the topic of Christianity, someone just had to boo. I understand that religion may be so ingrained in someone's identity to the point where any critique can be interpreted as an attack. What I don't understand is the adamant refusal to acknowledge discrepancies or contradictions. Especially, when the existence of which does not undercut the legitimacy of your beliefs. It's a bit narrow-minded, no? At the very least, don't boo-you look stupid.

mmmm ok. see ya lates :)

No comments: